SVT-ST200 Upgrade (56k beware)

Thanks Rick and Alan. :D

My old UIM is in my shed and it's staying there until I decide to return the car back to standard or sell it. In other words a very long time. Your best bet is to try a scrappie or ebay for a Mondie V6 one.

I didn't measure the internal diameter of the TB but it's supposed to be 60mm (5mm larger than a standard V6) which is the same as an ST220 TB Paul. The ST220 TB is not the same part tho'.

Just for info, LIM ports are 33/34.7 for the SVT/later V6's or 30/32 on older V6's.

FlamencoAssassin said:
Thanks Rick and Alan. :D

My old UIM is in my shed and it's staying there until I decide to return the car back to standard or sell it. In other words a very long time. Your best bet is to try a scrappie or ebay for a Mondie V6 one.

I didn't measure the internal diameter of the TB but it's supposed to be 60mm (5mm larger than a standard V6) which is the same as an ST220 TB Paul. The ST220 TB is not the same part tho'.

Just for info, LIM ports are 33/34.7 for the SVT/later V6's or 30/32 on older V6's.

Thanks Manos, it was just a bit of curiosity to be honest. I cant fit the 220 T/B anyway as the v6/st200 UIM is being fitted to the engine so the bonnet closes.

FlamencoAssassin said:
IMGP5352800x600.jpg

Looks awesome mate, I'm most jealous. Where did you get the Cougar S badge? I think I'll be needing on soon :wink:

Well i have an SVT throttle body and UIM coming over from the states. Hopefully it may be there when i get home, at most ill need to wait a couple of days. Alreay got my ST200 LIM to fit with them. So i may paint up the UIM when it arrives, as you did. Depends on the condition. The guy is sending an SVT boot badge too... V6 NOS style 8)
Cant wait to get it all in there with my new headers too.... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Here come the questions :roll: Ive got all the parts i need now to have my UIM and LIM fitted aswell as a throttle body. I have upoer gaskets and lower gaskets on order from fraud and the throttle body gasket. 6 new manafold screws (well 10 as they only sell them in 5s :? ) Do i nees any tother parts you can think of? The throttle body i have bought looks just like the one in the following link : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=200169470766&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

Do i need to change any cables or any thing like that to have it fitted? and finally i am using a K&N induction kit currentley and would like to know if i need to do any extra work to the MAF or any thing like that to get it all working.

Finaly what did you use to get rid of the carbon on the UIM and LIM its coated rather thick. Thanks in advance for any help and sorry for the poor spelling.

Well for a start that throttle body states its from an st24 st200. it can only be from one or the other. Its the st200 one you want as the st24 is the same as the cougars standard one.
Ill email you an email i got from Manos (flamenco assassin) with the parts you need. Just order them through ford parts uk as its cheaper than ford.

Problem No. 1 :eek: :eek:
That throttle body pictured in your ebay link is not an ST200/SVT one. I think it's a normal 170ps V6 one. You need the ST200/SVT TB because it's 5mm larger in diameter and will mate up properly with the UIM which has a larger opening to match the TB.
The TB casting should be exactly the same shape as my TB. See the pics of it on the 1st page in this thread plus I've added a picture of the UIM side below (before cleaning)
TB4.jpg

Thanks for that i currentley have 2 throttle bodys i bought from ebay one has been gas flowed and all that stuff and is noticabley a bigger bore than the onther one i bought to have a crack at myself. Ill take a picture of them together as both were supposed to be for the st24 mondi engine but both have a different weight and throttle cable connection. Strange stuff. I dont know how to post pics on the site any one who will take them off my hands and do it for me please add me to your msn or e-mail me oceanic_flight_815@hotmail.co.uk

Yeah, if you have the correct TB it has a different connection for the cable. You therefore need an ST200 throttle cable and bracket. All these parts plus loads of gaskets should be listed with part numbers in the PM Paul is about to send you.
I still have the list too, just in case.

The one i bougtht is a direct replacement for the st24 gas flowed but have just been told P.Whitelock that it just a cleaned throttle body :eek:

At most they will grind the ports larger at the entrance and exit of the throttle body but they arent going to fit a larger throttle plate etc (i doubt).

jamie_duff said:
Which is what was posted recently in V6 Performance after someone asked if it was worth the money :wink:

I may have read that ane may even have added to the discussion :roll: i forget things so quickley