The ugly has landed!

On the plus side I was getting 36 to the gallon over to Johns thats a damn site better than the 21 I'm showing at the moment.

Zetec is the way forward - I'm a man converted. Particularly with a custom B&M exhaust system - it sounds fantastic! :)

That was the plan Si but......

I wanted the C2 lights on the fourby but after removing the lights and grille at HQ and seeing the pain in the ar*e of a job needed (removing some metal to accommodate the C2 lights) the plan changed to fitting C1 lights to the C2 and selling the C2 lights seperately.

Then....

Upon attempting to fit C1 lights to the C2 - I knew the indicator bulb holders were different between C1 and C2 so I spliced in a C1 bulb holder.....only to find that the main connector for the headlights is also different. Too much of a pain to start messing about with the headlight loom so that was that too! :cautious:

Still, it will add a little bit to the value of the car still having a full C2 exterior rather than the bit of a mongrel it would have ended up as :LOL:

Edit: I forgot about having to take a hacksaw to the grille too as a C2 grille will not fit with C1 headlights without trimming :oops:

Cheap, ATM, C2 grille here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Ford-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c1c94fc69

Zetec is the way forward - I'm a man converted. Particularly with a custom B&M exhaust system - it sounds fantastic! :)

I haven't got a custom exhaust, but I agree. I adore the Rover/Powertrain K-series with its 7.5K redline, great economy and stupidly easy service/repair. But the 2.0 Zetec is a lovely, tough motor that pulls well at lazy revs and is very forgiving. My old Mondy was tough to service, but it didn't need it that often and that made up for it.

Also: I've driven KV6es before and would love to compare against the Duratec someday. MakoCougar2 will be a V6, definitely.

Sorry - small hijack there.

Now after driving yours, I'd rather take a chance on mine if I was throwing it into a tight bend, it feels a whole lot tighter.

Your thinking body roll the stiffer the car the worse it is when it lets go they are brilliant to a limit mine will grip and steer past that limit. Ask Kully
Don't take that as a slight Richard yours handles like a dream!.

I think that if you got a 4x4 with forced induction and a decent suspension set up, then it'd be pretty good, I don't like the wallowing suspension though. Plus Eibach springs and shocks aren't too stiff.

I'm just an old fart mate the only advantage I have if it tries stepping out a bit of opposite lock and it wil swing the arse end out and drift you where you want to go I havn't discounted lowering as with the forced induction:devilish:. I havn't given up yet.

Your thinking body roll the stiffer the car the worse it is when it lets go they are brilliant to a limit mine will grip and steer past that limit. Ask Kully
Don't take that as a slight Richard yours handles like a dream!.

Indeed! I will get my go in that bad boy on a good road yet! Maybe wait till it's turbo'd to the hilt ;). Can't beat a bit of 4 wheel drift :)