To Cougar or not to Cougar, that is the question..?

add_issan

Well-known user
May 22, 2009
Devon & Thailand
Well peeps it's been a little while since i was on here, As you know i sold my baby Cougar before i left for Thailand and it's time to return home next week.
I have been thinking things through a lot and was a little disapointed with the cougar after i did quite a lot of work and to be honest it made very little difference to the performance of the car and was not cheap.. :cry:
I have been recently thinking bad thoughts and even contemplated a FTO... i know, i know don't swear on here.. :LOL:
Anyway in my sleep last night i was slapped by what i can only describe as the hand of reason. (it told me to search for an other Cougar)
So when i return next week i am going to buckle down and work for a short time until i can afford to buy another Cougar ( Skint not after this 5 month holiday) and return to my rightful home as a Cougar owner.
Bang for bucks you will struggle to find a car that's as loaded and nice as the Coug and i miss mine..
But i think this time i won't be going the ST200 route and leaving it pretty much standard apart from some cosmetic changes alloys, spoiler, clear side indicators etc.. unless i find one with it already done to a high enough standard..
Anyway.. that's my waffle over with and i just want to say i have missed you all on here.. you may see more of me yet...
MUAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA :devilish:

Addx

add_issan

Well-known user
May 22, 2009
Devon & Thailand
Cheers Paul, all is well with the family now... I am pretty much set on a Cougar now but tha could change if something else at the right price and close to me comes up, but it's got to be a sporty stunning car and cheap..
I only ever drive Auto's (i know don't say a word) but after 15 years of M25 driving a manual you would aswell.. and i am lazy..
Before anyone offers me their car i would like to say, it may take a little while to save some pennies now as i have spent everything i own over here in the past 5 months.. So may be when i have the cash and you have an Auto V6 Xpack cougar for sale then we can talk may be..? Cheers Relliott6879 nudge nudge wink wink.. ;-)

Nick1963

Well-known user
Oct 30, 2007
Fareham, Hampshire
Hi Add, glad to see you back on the forum mate. As Paul said i hope all is well with the family and i'm sure you'll find a nice Cat when you return (y)

Just make it a Green one eh ? :LOL: :angel:

add_issan

Well-known user
May 22, 2009
Devon & Thailand
Cheers chap, Actually i was thinking may be Frosty this time... or Black.. but if a Blurple or green comes up cheap enough then i will get that.. :)

pauldf1971

Well-known user
Apr 8, 2009
glasgow
guess what i have add? A black v6 auto vx that ive been putting lots of new parts on and when finished will be up for grabs lol

add_issan

Well-known user
May 22, 2009
Devon & Thailand
Cheers Quicksilver.. and Paul, it's a bloody long way from Torquay to yours to buy a Cougar mate...lol Just out of interest how much is it?...lol

pauldf1971

Well-known user
Apr 8, 2009
glasgow
after the parts and work that has been going into it will be looking about £1200 and yes it its a bit far to go lol

mofo sob

Well-known user
Dec 29, 2008
manchester
Ade - great to hear from you again mate - welcome back - just remember that if you get an FTO you will have no friends :whistle:

charliecd001

Honorary Member
Club Member
Sep 10, 2007
Bolton
Welcome back Add been missing my old raving mucka!. Hope everything is well and good to see you back in the fold. You buy an FTO you'll be getting a visit!:stop::bomb::LOL::)

add_issan

Well-known user
May 22, 2009
Devon & Thailand
I only said i thought about it.. The FTO was offered at a great price from a family member, i have not taken it though, a little too girly for me.. even though it already has the 200 bhp and would save me a lot of money on the Cougar again.. (i still don't think i ever made the 200 bhp on my old Coug even though i did all the work and ST200 conversion stuff to it)
But it's all part of loving the Coug i guess.?
Anyway thanks for the welcome's Backs peeps and i am looking forward to the hunt for my next Coug once i have saved enough pennies.. ( God know's how long that will take?)