To Cougar or not to Cougar, that is the question..?

Ade, if your still down in Torquay mate, then give me a shout if you want to go look at one or two. There are a few around the Devon area, however, think some are a little overpriced and not in brilliant nick. Good luck with the Cougar Hunt.

Hellooo Tim,
I am still just down the road chap, i have been working all the hours god sends in a poorly paid job trying to save for another Cougar... each time i manage to save a little i end up having to pay it stright back out...:LOL:
So anyway i may just have to take you up on your offer nearer the time of looking for one.. Thanks.. (y)
I will let you know with plenty of notice mate...
There have been a couple around but i just have not quite got enough cash yet and it's like torture looking at them and not being able to go and buy.. :cautious:
Anyway i am looking forward to being part of the fold again... it's quite an addiction the Cougar thing... :)

Isn't it just, it's like smoking, when you do it, you want to give up, when you give up you miss it!!

I'm sure that you''l have another one soon.:)

Went to look at one today, got there 120 miles away from my home and the bugger had just sold it and not even bothered to call me.. not pleased... so the search continues... there is one for £800 on eBay right now in fairly good nick so will ask a few questions before i bid... ;-)

Good luck with the search Add I'm sure the right one is sat on someones drive just waiting for you to find it!

Good luck with the search Add I'm sure the right one is sat on someones drive just waiting for you to find it!

Thanks chap, i am sure it will, but i want an Auto model as i am getting old and lazy... they seem to be a little harder to find without travelling hundreds of miles.. :(
I will keep on my quest for a reasonable condition cheap cougar.. it's out there somewhere.. (y)

I have seen two cougars in the last couple of days parked up on the side of the road for sale in the Hastings and Tunbridge wells area,
one was up for £900 and the other was £1000,
The first one had 135,000 on the clock and the other one had 121,000 on the clock both blurple ,

I have seen two cougars in the last couple of days parked up on the side of the road for sale in the Hastings and Tunbridge wells area,
one was up for £900 and the other was £1000,
The first one had 135,000 on the clock and the other one had 121,000 on the clock both blurple ,

Cheers for the info chap, I live in Torquay in Devon and it's a little hard to find the time to travel that far as i just don't get the time off work right now... but i appreciate the information.. it's a shame there seems to be a lack of them in Devon at that price.. :cry:

Ade, I was trawling through fleabay & thought of you mate, when I came across these (all auto's) (y) :

1999(T) FORD COUGAR 2.5 V6 AUTOMATIC ONLY 1295
ONLY 75000 FSH VERY CLEAN EXAMPLE
Classified ad price: £1,295.00
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-T-FORD-C...0361988?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item33622bae84

2001 FORD COUGAR C2 AUTO SILVER 2.5 V6 LOW MILES 1 PREV
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-FORD-COU...0453325?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item255e928fcd

1999 FORD COUGAR VX V6 BLACK
Mileage: 73857
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-FORD-COU...8078906?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item45f67c363a

Ade, I was trawling through fleabay & thought of you mate, when I came across these (all auto's) (y) :

1999(T) FORD COUGAR 2.5 V6 AUTOMATIC ONLY 1295
ONLY 75000 FSH VERY CLEAN EXAMPLE
Classified ad price: £1,295.00
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-T-FORD-C...0361988?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item33622bae84

2001 FORD COUGAR C2 AUTO SILVER 2.5 V6 LOW MILES 1 PREV
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-FORD-COU...0453325?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item255e928fcd

1999 FORD COUGAR VX V6 BLACK
Mileage: 73857
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-FORD-COU...8078906?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item45f67c363a

Great finds there Mark - Ade, that Blue T reg one looks in great condition and pretty low mileage, looks like a good one to have a look at?? Pretty good price too. The Coug's down here in Devon that I have seen for sale are well over-priced and not really in that good of a condition. Will keep my eyes peeled for you. What is your budget and which colour would you prefer??

Hi tim,
I am really not too bothered about the colour chap.. i have seen the ones Mark put on here,( Thanks Mark) (y)
I am really struggling to keep the money once i have saved it as the bills just keep rrolling in.. The only real problem as you say is that the ones in Devon are well over priced and i just don't have the time to travel too far to check them out.. the Blurple looks good but again if i add petrol there and back plus the first insurance payment before i can drive it back then it just breaks my budget right now, i think i am going to have to save for a few more weeks and look again.. :(

Ok Ade, no worries, just let me know if I can help. I understand about money being tight...although I've just been out and bought my Mondeo TDDi a couple of weeks ago, so back to running 2 cars! lol

Right Guys... I am still looking for a Cougar but it's going to have to be put on hold for a while now.. BUT... today i had a major stroke of luck and bagged myself a a 1998 E36 M3 with 98,000 miles on and in near mint condition for just over a grand...
Pictures to follow when i collect it tomorrow... but i am chuffed to bits...
I know i have gone to the dark side, but i could not refuse an offer like this no matter what... anyway as i said i will also be buying a Cougar as my main car and the M3 for weekends... ;-)

Well, I think we all know the first mod you should do to the Beemer Ade, fit bloody indicators to the thing.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::bomb:

Well, I think we all know the first mod you should do to the Beemer Ade, fit bloody indicators to the thing.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::bomb:

Like your logic there Steve, I'm sure Ade won't become one of "those" drivers...lol

Ade - sounds a right little bargain mate - can't wait to see the pic's. I take it that it looks like this...

Yep, Exactly like that Tim... Not too worry i will indicate when i am going past you... :LOL:.. But never fear, i have also seen a cougar on eBay only 100 miles away from me for a grand.. so we shall see if i can raise the cash for it. (y)
Picking the M3 up at 12 today and will get some pics on later.. :whistle:

Really good buy for you Ade, I really like the cars, but could never have one myself and be associated with (the majority of) BMW drivers.

I bought 1995 320i auto with 105,000 on the clock for home to Rome and it was a fantastic car and my mate is still driving it with Vinyl flames on the bonnet lol.
We had 4 people plus all our luggage in the car it was the best 50 quid I have ever spent on a car.

Just gave up a BMW for a Cougar!! Hopefully a good decision!! lol