To Cougar or not to Cougar, that is the question..?

Welcome back add it's a C2 x pack with full service history and 72k on the clock the cars mint mate

me and tony are just fixing the gearbox in the next couple of weeks and then job done

Welcome back add it's a C2 x pack with full service history and 72k on the clock the cars mint mate

me and tony are just fixing the gearbox in the next couple of weeks and then job done

Very interesting chap... will have to see how i am doing for cash when you have finished, but the problem i see is it may take me a little while to get some together...

Welcome back to the forum Ade and welcome back to the South West too. What about contacting the buyer of your old one and asking to buy it back????.....it's been done before....hasn't it Phil ??? ....lol

Welcome back to the forum Ade and welcome back to the South West too. What about contacting the buyer of your old one and asking to buy it back????.....it's been done before....hasn't it Phil ??? ....lol

Hello Tim, Thanks for the welcome back mate, I would make an offer for my old car but it looks like it has been Part exchanged and the garage wants silly money for it now..

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...e/radius/200/page/5/postcode/tq27pd?logcode=p

Mind you it looks like it's still running all the ST200 kit.. (y)
I will have to wait till i am home and settled and then see what cash i have available to fine one with lower milage and less problems i,e the traction control and ABS working..
Anyway we shall see... but setting my heart again on a cougar.. so unless an amazing deal comes along i should be back in the fold before long.. :)

Well, looks like i will be a while before i manage to find another Cougar peeps.. Not a happy bunny, the Job i had sorted for when i returned from Thailand lasted all of 3 weeks and now i am again jobless... :cautious: not to mention pennyless..
Seen a really nice Coug close to me with only 68,000 on it and full history and a few tasteful mods for £1000 ono.. and i can't bloody have it.. :cautious:
Anyway going to keep on keeping on and i am sure i will get one sorted but i may take some time.. Hope everyone is well? i miss all the banter on here.. will sign up again when i find another Coug.. (y) .. right i am off to read up on what i have missed on here.. seems to be quite a bit... :eek:

From just over the Devon border, welcome back from a newbie Coug owner. Hope the job and search gets momentum, been out myself temping this year (off at mo) so know how hard it is mate. Hang in there... Dave

Great to hear from you Ade, the coog still represents excellent value for money if you can find a good one & with all your contacts here, it won't be long before you start with the odd mod or two............................or three or four etc, etc lol!:)

Sorry to hear the job back here didn't last long, but I'm sure something will turn up before too long. Your link doesn't work on your old car, how much are they after for it?

Take good care mate, peace be with you & your family, Namaste.(y)

Hey Mark.. (y) ...
After i posted the link i think they must have sold it, It was advertised for £1999 .. not sure if it was worth that even with all the mods i did ? But oh well..
Making a concertive effort to now decide if i want to stay in Devon or move on back to London/Essex.. will have to test the waters and see what the work situation is up there first.
You know what i am like with Mod's and i am sure your right mate, it will start with 1 or 2 small ones and move on to more :LOL:

And thank you Zummerset, it must be hard for everyone down in the southwest right now, there seems to be no jobs anywhere down here for anyone and if there are some around the money is so petty it's hardly worth going to work.. :(
Anyway it's time for me to beg steal and borrow to get a car, i need wheels and i need them now.. Watch this space.. (y)

Hey Mark.. (y) ...
After i posted the link i think they must have sold it, It was advertised for £1999 .. not sure if it was worth that even with all the mods i did ? But oh well..
Making a concertive effort to now decide if i want to stay in Devon or move on back to London/Essex.. will have to test the waters and see what the work situation is up there first.
You know what i am like with Mod's and i am sure your right mate, it will start with 1 or 2 small ones and move on to more :LOL:
£1999 is a lot, but well worth it after all the work you did to your car, without being too OTT. I gotta say, I don't know how many horses have galloped off from mine over the years, but after having the s/s twin exhaust with s/s sports cat, ST200 airbox with K&N panel filter, she pulls like a good 'un & must be getting up there towards the elusive 200 bhp mark. The look of surprise on many a BMW, Pug & MR2 owner's faces suggest she's got a tad more than the standard car, without going down the ST200 UIM, LIM etc route.:)

Good luck with finding work matey.(y)

Just a quick update chaps, i am sorry i have been quiet for a while, i have been stuck in a crappy job earning rubbish money and saving for a new Cougar.. the time is now coming close to me actually going out and looking for one..
I have seen a few close to home and in a week or 2 i will go and take a look..
I just wanted to Hi to everyone again... and that i have missed each and every one of you...
Add...:p

Did already look Tony...:D... but unfortunatly, it's a little above my budget chap and it's quite a way from where i live mate.. :(
How's things anyway? hope all is well?

Ade, if your still down in Torquay mate, then give me a shout if you want to go look at one or two. There are a few around the Devon area, however, think some are a little overpriced and not in brilliant nick. Good luck with the Cougar Hunt.