Trip to Oxford to view possible FREE cougars

Nice body kit on that one.

Id really love to know the back story to how these Cougars got littered about the main road and two houses

Poor cats :oops: Aren't these cars in danger of being towed away if they're not taxed etc?

I suspect Geoff as they're not on the pavement, the river frontage belongs to the house opposite so while they're on the mud/grass/bushes they're OK.

Its all there in Kevins emails I think?
Basically they were collected by a guy who became too old/ill/eccentric to do anything with them. I think at the very least he is now in a care home. His property etc being sold off as not required.

Im still amazed that this guy was competing with Will for the amount of Cougars and he wasnt known the the club...
Obviously he liked them at some point...
If we can get in contact with him again, I could sort a transporter to move them again ;)

De-ja-vue indeed Matt. It must have seemed strange looking at that ground again, all trimmed back. It would definately be a treat to rescue a few more. :)

It really was mate, the plot is actually quite large. According to Zoopla the average house price in Ardington is over£700k so even in it's tumbledown state it must have sold for a fair bit. I'd love to know what happened to all the other cars too, it would be great to know if any have escaped the scrapman, despite most of them looking as fit only for spares.

Thanks for update on this Matt.... an amazing car story... yes Ricky, he certainly collected a few, like me!
You guys did a great job saving what you did.. maybe we can save some more... I might be interested in the C2...
the possibility that they may have been flooded is an issue....
Wil

Thread resurrection....:LOL:
My last job today was just outside Reading, so as I was not in too much of a rush for once I thought I'd head home past Ardington and see if any of the other cars had gone......
39814402695_4be1b682ef_c.jpg

You can still see the patch where V295 was sat all that time. :cool:

It would be interesting to see the condition of these cars, i have had a flood damaged cougar before with a tidemark just under the windscreen had to change looms but that was all

I agree. Buying a waterlogged car is always a risk (just ask the good people of Houston) but even positioned where they are, I doubt they've ever been flooded above their axles.

No, you know that the thing to be most concerned about is body rot, especially on the chassis rails. The one with the bodykit looks as though inspecting the sills would be a bit of a 'mare as well.

Al has proven time and again that anything is possible with enough time and skill, but unless these ladies were going for a song I would be very reluctant - you know how much they hate sitting around, too... Trouble is it sounds like the old guy isn't going to be quite so keen to part with these ones without several portraits of the Queen.