Trip to Oxford to view possible FREE cougars

That's assuming that someone knowledgeable is the buyer.....someone clueless looking for a cheap runaround gets hold of this thinking a year's ticket = good news would be in for a big shock at best and a death trap at worst.

No excuse for this at all...Arfur Daley could learn a thing or two from this guy.

I totally agree Steve, anybody would have to be a fool or just plain ignorant not to but i would like to point out that whatever is happening with these cars it is 100% out of the hands of the owner. He is not capable of writing his own name let alone give instruction or take any.

We could have just taken Rescue Zetec to that MOT station and saved Al the trouble :)

:stop:. I'm glad i got hold of it first Matt (y)

Im going to assume that Kevin labelled the wrong photos here. I had to correct a few of the earlier references to the frosties.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Yes, but that's because they were wearing each other's tailgates, IIRC...

I don't wish to speak ill of this man who generously let us take those two Frostys away gratis, but having seen the original state of those two, the cynical side of me is extremely wary of going anywhere near this little lot. Except maybe the one in the garage.

I appreciate I'm saying this sight-unseen, but a lot of this simply doesn't add up.

Um... not to cast any aspersions but thinking outside the box, how do we feel about Kevin? Seemed a nice enough guy but is he really acting at the direct behest of the old man?

I suspect it would be being pushed forward by the owner's kids, who probably want to screw everything they can out of their forthcoming inheritance.

Yes, but that's because they were wearing each other's tailgates, IIRC...

I don't wish to speak ill of this man who generously let us take those two Frostys away gratis, but having seen the original state of those two, the cynical side of me is extremely wary of going anywhere near this little lot. Except maybe the one in the garage.

I appreciate I'm saying this sight-unseen, but a lot of this simply doesn't add up.

Um... not to cast any aspersions but thinking outside the box, how do we feel about Kevin? Seemed a nice enough guy but is he really acting at the direct behest of the old man?

Exactly! A lot of what's happening here is based on assumptions. The only one of us to have been within touching distance of these cars is Matt.
We can assume all we want but don't judge, it's not fair.
As for Kevin, he is acting as go between for the owner and his legal team who i was in contact with during the change of ownership/keeper for the two frosties. Kevin is the gofa. Ok he might make a few quid on these remainers, is that a bad thing? He's done a lot of running around etc, maybe he's even paying for the MOT out of his own pocket? maybe he's already the unnoficial owner/agent of these cars to sell?
A lot of what happened with the frosties looked dubious from outside hence my stipulation to him re the logbooks etc. Communication wasn't the best and his reasoning and explanations would be unclear. A character, definately but a crook! no way, he's clean, I'll stake Matts rescued frosty on it.(y)
A phrase i hate but, at the end of the day, we have no control over who buys these cars, i only hope they really are prepared and checked properly before anyone thinks about taking one out on the open road, regardless of any MOT certificate.

Nicely summed up mate. What will be will be I guess, we were lucky to get the others for minimal outlay and look how thats turned out ;)
I guess we can only watch and wait with the Pangbourne cars.

- - - Updated - - -

The only one of us to have been within touching distance of these cars is Matt.

Lucky me eh?
I should have thought of looking at their MOT status really.

Brief pictorial update - not much to see here:((n)
Taken this afternoon - silver one still in garage also.
42320639021_c590b89992_c.jpg

Well to be fair, he only wanted rid of the originals to sell the house...
These arent in his way so unless someone pushes I doubt he is in any hurry to get rid...
Its a shame really

Poor Cougars :(

Looks like the greenery will take them soon !

It is with some regret that I would suggest to you that it already has.

Nothing's impossible of course, but unless I wanted to practice creating looms, and unless I'd just bought a welder and was wanting something to practice on, I wouldn't go near these unless they were free.

It is with some regret that I would suggest to you that it already has.

Nothing's impossible of course, but unless I wanted to practice creating looms, and unless I'd just bought a welder and was wanting something to practice on, I wouldn't go near these unless they were free.

Would be a project for sure..im just thinking what the underside must look like sitting in that wet grass for all that time.

Looks like somebody has nicked the rear reg plate off the one without the spolier, it was there in the last picture Matt posted

Looks like somebody has nicked the rear reg plate off the one without the spolier, it was there in the last picture Matt posted

Maybe so people can't check up on the reg and see how dodgy the MOT was:devilish:

- - - Updated - - -

Is it wrong that I'd really like to take that BX on!

Not at all. It's quite a basic model too, most of the survivors are the performance GTis or higher spec diesels.

My step father had one back in the day, I loved it. Still think the dash was amazing with it's cylindrical speedo etc, not to mention that suspension!

I suspect your thinking CX, my BX was just ordinary dials, cracking hydraulic suspension though, as per CX and its predecessors.