What Have You Done to Your Cougar Today?

That's got to be a record ... I wouldn't be that brave to drive about on 20 year old rubber :eek:

It’s been in a garage for 21 years. This is first winter not garaged so the rubber went from I’ll keep an eye to rapid deterioration and started to crack in a very short space of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dandamano
People forget that, Paul. Tread height doesn't mean a damned thing if the rubber has gone hard through UV.

Particularly important on the rears.

Reactions: David`
Added an extra boot lamp and took the opportunity to make them both LEDs by using a pair of these:

F3E89D73-DC8C-40BD-A145-05E9D8129698.jpeg

I had to take a small file to the plastic at the ends of the holes to get the tangs on the lamps to fit properly because the Cougar's trim sections must be made of thicker material than VW tailgates.

Added an extra boot lamp and took the opportunity to make them both LEDs by using a pair of these:

View attachment 18777

I had to take a small file to the plastic at the ends of the holes to get the tangs on the lamps to fit properly because the Cougar's trim sections must be made of thicker material than VW tailgates.
What took you so long? [emoji16]

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Priorities Al, priorities. (y)

Just to add, I didn't use the extra 'boxes' supplied with the lamps as shown on the ebay link as they are only needed to make the lamps CANBUS compliant.

One additional mod I always meant to do with mine is to angle the lamps down as they are so bright that when you open the boot in the dark you need a few seconds for your eyes to acclimatise 😎