How to fit HIDs.

mofo sob

Well-known user
Dec 29, 2008
manchester
HOW TO FIT HIDs

1/. PM Racebits and order;

2/. Go round to Charliecd001s on some pretence and say " Oh - just realised I've got me new HIDs in the boot"

3/. Have a brew and a fag whilst Mark fits HIDs in pouring rain :LOL:

(Seriously Mark a million thanks for your help and letting me out on my own in the awesome 4x4).

The lights are fantastic - could actually see on my way home in the driving rain. Unfortunately we didn't get many pics due to the weather but we used the Bobster fix for the ballast (y)

Me at the front with the new white HIDs with Mark behind with standard lights (Mart - I have a feeling that he will be ordering some very very soon :ihih:)

lights001.jpg

lights002.jpg

Kev Farmer having a gander - will really have to do something about those sidelights now

lights003-1.jpg

Big thanks to Racebits for the good deal on the lights group buy and a massive thanks to Mark for fitting them (y)

:D

I've just dried out now Iain:sad:. One thing to remember charge your drill before attempting this:nonod: and also charge your backup drill before attempting this:nonod: and don't loose your mains drill before attemting this :nonod:jobs a good un!(y)

....and if your drill bit isn't big enough, have a pair of pliers to clip the holes to the right size....oh, and plug the light back into the car before making sure they work....because if you don't plug the lights in and turn the switch on, they won't work....eh rob?

....and if your drill bit isn't big enough, have a pair of pliers to clip the holes to the right size....oh, and plug the light back into the car before making sure they work....because if you don't plug the lights in and turn the switch on, they won't work....eh rob?

That sounds familiar :nonod:. Glad to know it isn't just me!. Even the electrical god that is Bobster has senior moments.

Glad you are happy with the purchase, many companies I supply prefer these to £200+ units

Well under rated due to how cheap they are. But 2 things I do are goods for cheap prices, but never skimp on the quality which is always high.

i agree shaun. Can i offer one constructive point? I the holders (mounts) for the balasts did not fit very snuggly and had to be "adjusted" by Bobster to make them fit properly. Very happy with the product that said.

The only problem i find with HID's is, they are SOOOooooooooo bright! you can't take a really good photo to appreciate just how bright they are. It's something you really have to see for real (y)

Well fit my hid's today what a difference. Thanks once again to DYG for these(y) no pics as yet got one or two more things to do then will up a few new tweaks.