My new install thread

I have a contact who can supply and Rob fitted mine for me altho we ran into a couple of problems but only due to not being able to get hold of a four pin relay for the remote start amongst a couple of other small niggles but Rob is more than capable of doing the job altho be warned its a full days job to get done very full day.

JJ

Might have to give you a shout next year then mate. Need to get a few bills put to bed first before I can justify splashing out on the hobby. Just out of interest, does having a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm do much for your insurance?

If you have the remote start then it is not cat 1 as it needs to bypass the pats system I just told mine and made no difference to the insurance.

JJ

8" mids Chris up for sale as they are pointless in mine was just seeing if they fitted which they do nicely lol.

JJ

WHERE IS YOUR HEAD AT???:eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut:

but i must admit - you are very brave to go this far(y)

anyway, is it possible to change heater matrix at this stage? or there is more to remove?

I would think it would be pretty easy to do at this point to be honest Shywaz, I am of the attitude that if I am doing it then I want it done right so dash out is the right way and to be honest there are **** mounts for a lot of the dash trim so while I am at it I want to eliminate the chance of as many of the creaks and groans and inevitable rattles as possible.

JJ

it makes wiring sooo much eaiser like that :LOL:

good idea I had there J ;) kully did look concerned when me and Jason took the dash out and lobbed it on the lawn though :LOL:

I am of the attitude that if I am doing it then I want it done right
That's the best way JJ you don't want to have to do it over again for the sake of saving a couple of hours.

Indeed Mark the thing is with all the wiring that had been added over two years tbh I had lost track of which did what so the whole lot is out now and start from scratch also have a label printer for labelling the wires and it will all be heatshrunk and braided.

JJ

No problem Shywaz it is very easy iirc there are only 8-10 bolts to undo then just disconnect the loom from the dash.

JJ

Ok remove the trims on either side of dash which sit between the dash and door by the rubber seal you will see four silver/gold torx bolts and two black torx bolts per side undo the black ones, then down the side of the glove box there are two torx bolts there and two down the side of the panel that comes off from under the steering wheel, I will try to take some pictures tonight of where they are for you to help identify them.

JJ

Ok remove the trims on either side of dash which sit between the dash and door by the rubber seal you will see four silver/gold torx bolts and two black torx bolts per side undo the black ones, then down the side of the glove box there are two torx bolts there and two down the side of the panel that comes off from under the steering wheel, I will try to take some pictures tonight of where they are for you to help identify them.

JJ

i know that place. (red arrows) also i unscrew those bolt with green arrows.

but what to do next?
what about air bag and steering wheel? do i got to remove them?