Whats your MPG say?

How low can you go, Iain (mofo) will form a defence to any prosecutions that arise ?

How do you get that many Steve (Stribo) with secondaries wired open all time time

I use the car to do a shop in town once a week and a commute to work which is a mix of stop start in towns and then open roads and then back to stop starts. I get about 31-32 mpg driving carefully. On the open road/motorway I'll get near to 40mpg pretty easily. Had 39.0 mpg after resetting from a fuel stop and then travelling 16 miles into our other work offices last Saturday as the traffic was pretty good and I didn't get caught at the traffic lights like I normally do.

petrol light just on put 22.5 ltrs [5gall] done 100mls light back on 20mpg display 21.5 not to bad for 2.5 with 24valves working every chance i get when i bought it i new i would get about 20mpg

30.1 but I do have a 22 mile drive to work and back on a dual carriageway.
Be interesting next week as driving overnight to Cornwall ...........at 70 of course.

usually about 26-27.5, mixture of suburban and bendy country roads. Any hints on improving (apart from driving style!) gratefully received as other half is currently fiddling with the cat for MOT on 27th.

After selling my K&N panel filter and putting the stock air filter (albeit a clean one) back in I am now showing 38.0mpg. Had I had my K&N filter I reckon 40+ may have been achievable.
Had 1/4 tank Friday lunchtime so I put in £35 at 111.9p for a full tank (Shell 95) which then lasted getting home Friday after work, going into town this morning and then from Dunstable to Eastbourne via M1, M25, M23/A23, A27 and A22. Then back up the A22/M25 to Bagshot and then from Bagshot along the M4 to Tilehurst in Reading and then back home via M4, M25 and M1 and my orange 50 mile warning only came on when I was putting the car away in the garage.
What a brilliantly smooth V6 engine!!!!
What a car!!

I went to York on Tuesday - had to fill up when leaving so decided to see what I could achieve if I drove back really slowly - tried my best to keep it at 70 - and got a massive 32.5 :eek: but it was so blinkin boring -and wasted an additional 15 minutes of my life - so I won't be doing that again in a hurry :geek:

(FYI would normally have been about 25 on that run with a nice long drop down the pennines on the way home.)