Whats your MPG say?

After selling my K&N panel filter and putting the stock air filter (albeit a clean one) back in I am now showing 38.0mpg. Had I had my K&N filter I reckon 40+ may have been achievable.
Had 1/4 tank Friday lunchtime so I put in £35 at 111.9p for a full tank (Shell 95) which then lasted getting home Friday after work, going into town this morning and then from Dunstable to Eastbourne via M1, M25, M23/A23, A27 and A22. Then back up the A22/M25 to Bagshot and then from Bagshot along the M4 to Tilehurst in Reading and then back home via M4, M25 and M1 and my orange 50 mile warning only came on when I was putting the car away in the garage.
What a brilliantly smooth V6 engine!!!!
What a car!!

why oh why oh why do you want to sell it lol

Took the car out yesterday to blow the webs off as was sitting up for 3 months as driving the xr3i conv all summer after a nice spin out and not dogging it it read out 34.4 then washed /detared and polished still stareing out the window at it it makes me smile every time i look at it

I've been getting about 25mpg these past couple of weeks, no doubt to a bit too much right foot, although the service is due soon so this could be a factor.

Sent from my Uzi. 9mm using Terminator-Talk

Mine is around 27 - 28

Thats driving 40 miles a day at 60 - 70 on the motorway.

How can you increase you MPG without changing your driving style as i dont rag it anyway. Some one mentioned changing the airfilter, would that even help lol..

Mine is around 27 - 28

Thats driving 40 miles a day at 60 - 70 on the motorway.

How can you increase you MPG without changing your driving style as i dont rag it anyway. Some one mentioned changing the airfilter, would that even help lol..

Hi Adam, if your car hasn't had good service for a while, that could give you extra few mpg, new filters let it breathe better, & making sure all your brakes are free & working properly, also try not braking so hard, apparantly hard braking is worse for fuel consumption than hard accelerating. Tyre pressures can make difference as well.

99.9 to the gallon that was just after filling the car up, and rolling it down hill at 50 miles to the gallon lol. but on average 29.8